She will never know what lies behind my smile.
A smile so convincing you would never think twice.
Like a mask, so real.
As real as the morning sky is blue.
That, being an illusion.
I smiled as she walked away.
Nothing more than what most of us call 'just a friend'.
As our hands stopped waving
and the view of her left my gaze,
it started to set in.
The loneliness, it creeped up from behind.
As it lightly gripped my shoulders in its bloodless hands.
I knew it would come back eventually.
Entering my soul and filling it with an empty body.
An unknown body of darkness,
its skin as hard as stone.
Yet, with a core so meaningless, but at the same time , dense.
Dense with its vastly barren plane.
A plane which does not exist,
leaving an undesirable shadow,
indented into my starved emotions.
"I wish I was as happy as you." Her final words before she left.
That voice of hers ringed in my head.
If only you knew what lies behind my smile.
But alas, you will never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment